Third-party logistics (3PL) is an operations technique that can help your business to grow. No business works alone, especially not in the case of logistics, where a product often makes it through several stages before it makes it into stores – and it’s all about logistics. Here are the benefits of collaborating with a company to take some of the load off, and what it could mean for scaling your business with a 3PL.
How Scaling Your Business With a 3PL Company Can Help?
What is 3PL?
Third-party logistics involves third-party services, often from another company who lends a hand with a step of the process. To clarify, 3PL isn’t limited just to the supply chain, and it can apply to any step in the process, from physical delivery through to accounting.
The Benefits of 3PL
Not convinced yet? Here’s why 3PL can make all the difference in your business venture.
- Resources: Combining forces with a third-party logistics company can take the workload off your own, without losing you any clients. This means being able to grow your business, and you’ll always have a team of resource-rich people in the business to work with.
- Saving Money: For a successful, long-term business to work, it’s important to keep your overheads to a minimum – and third-party logistics often allow you to save money on certain processes while being able to earn at the same time.
- They’re an Extension: Learn to see third-party logistics as an extension to your own company, and you’ll start to realize the benefit – the relationship between the two is symbiotic, and will benefit both equally.
- More Efficient Operation: In the world of logistics, time and distance both equate to money – and third-party logistics allows for much more efficient operation, which means more work and better operation for your business as a result of joining forces.
Ship Fortress is based in New Berlin, WI. In addition to our trucking & logistics services, we operate warehouses in New Berlin, Los Angeles, and East Brunswick, NJ totaling over 600,000 square feet. Ship Fortress understands every business has its own specific requirements. We customize and create solutions to meet each business unique needs. We truly do provide our clients with
- cost effective
- high quality logistics solutions
Committed to the success of our clients and provide multiple layers of client support services. As a seamless extension of our clients’ business we have a passion for exceptional service. We are committed to the success of our clients and our experience and expertise allows us to provide multiple layers of client support services to propel businesses forward. Contact us for a FREE Quote.